Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yard work

So it's been more than a month since my last post. I really need to do better and have been meaning to, but school is just really crazy right now. It's almost the end!! And the 4th grade has HUGE projects going on right now. We're doing this huge Utah program with songs and stuff. I'm over social studies and so I've been in charge of a lot of it. Not that I mind it's actually been quite fun. It's just there's always stuff to do. Plus the kids are doing county reports. And to top it off no one wants to be in school right now (including me). Summer can't come soon enough.

So my parents have turned in their mission papers. They haven't gotten anything back yet, but it shouldn't be too long.

Devin and I have taken on the yard. Growing up I was never a fan of yard work and I'd quite often choose to clean inside while everyone else cleaned outside. This year though I feel more in charge of the yard work. Devin and I have planted a garden and it's been so much fun to plan what to plant. We have zucchini, 2 different types of squash, pumpkins, green peppers, red peppers, banana peppers, purple peppers (I didn't even know these existed but the sounded good), cucumbers, corn, carrots, onions, lettuce. It's a rather large garden. I'm hoping to take some pictures once things start growing and post them. Besides the garden we have a huge backyard that Devin has to mow twice a week and lots of flower beds. If anyone would like to weed you're more than welcome to come to my house!! The flower beds aren't the top priority so they're still kind of sad looking, but the garden looks great.

Who knew yard work could actually be fun?!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry, we have our own yard and garden to weed! Your garden sounds delicious!! :)

David said...

I'm TERRIBLE at doing yard work. It's one of my main concerns when we actually move on to the next stage in life and buy a house.
I guess we already look like white trash NOW in the duplex we live in, but let's be honest, we live in a white trash neighborhood, so it doesn't really stick out...but probably won't fly when we (hopefully) live in a nicer place.

I'm glad you're finding joy in your yard work!

David said...

oh. This is Rachel, not David..

Lynsie said...

I wish so bad that we had a garden. We do grow herbs on the top of our dryer though with fake sunlight from a lamp thing. You've seen it. I can't wait to move into a house so that I can have a yard to work in. Last year I went over to my parents and started to water their flowers. It was just so nice to do something in the yard.

If we ever run out of food, we're coming to your house!

Jess said...

That sounds like fun! I wish we had a yard! We are staying at my parents at the moment. Your spring break trip looks like it was a blast! Devin- we just had our baby, you'll have to check out our blog. How are you doing anyway? It has been so long!