It's 12:41, Sarah is asleep, and I am not tired. I guess that's what the holidays do to you. You get a sugar fix, then you crash at around 2:00 AM and then wake up at noon the next day. The past few months have been a lot of fun for Sarah and I. The biggest news I guess is that I graduated from BYU a few weeks ago. YAY for graduating! To celebrate, Sarah and I decided to go down to st. George with our posse friends over the weekend. We had fun exchanging white elephant gifts... there are a number of jokes I could insert here, but I would risk humiliating myself too much. Let's just say that some of the white elephant gifts were not for children under the age of 40.
The guys went and saw the movie Avatar (which by the way, was AMAZING!) except I doubt that 67% of the people who watched the commercials before the show, really went out and purchased the products like the screen had claimed. The girls saw blind side which I heard is also pretty good. We ended the trip by shopping at the outlets, eating at the pizza factory, and then playing LDS drinking games before bed. Other than the fact that I almost poisened lynsie, we spent about $150 more than we wanted to, and I lost to David in an all out war of basketball knock out (it has several names - speed, tornado, bump it, knock out, - pick one) it was a pretty good trip.
Next to my graduation, the 2nd most important thing that has happened in my life recently (I say MY life, because I KNOW this is definitely NOT important to Sarah) is that I discovered that you can now purchase tim tams in America. If you don't know what a tim tam slam is... I pitty you. I am not even going to explain, I am just going to let you sit and wonder what it is, until you get so curious you will have to spend the 10 seconds it takes to open up a tab in your internet browser, go to google, and type in "tim tam slam".
For Christmas I received snow shoes. Sarah tricked me into thinking it would be Rock Band, but I knew that it was a trick after reading the tag on the box that said "to Devin, You 'Rock!'"
I thought "She is trying way too hard to get me to think this is Rock Band, there is no way that this is guitar hero", but I had no idea that it would be snow shoes. Now we can both go snow shoeing without me having to use garbage bins. I also got a nice leather jacket which I absolutely love. Sarah got some nice clothes, and two tickets to NYC to see her parents on their mission over new years.
The highlight of my Christmas was being able to talk to my brother Tyler on his mission. He is in San Fernando California, and he is coming home on April 7th, my brother Alan and I talked about going out to pick him up, and it should be a lot of fun. He sounds like he is doing really well, and he has matured a lot. I know that he will finish his mission strong, and will be a great RM when he gets back.
Sarah and I have been spending some time putting together a puzzle of NYC, we got everything done except the sky... which is ALL THE SAME COLOR! There must be over 200 pieces of slightly different shades of blue. It took us about 3 hours or so to put the other 550 pieces together, and now I estimate that it will take us at LEAST twice that long to put together the remaining blue pieces. Puzzles are so stupid, I want a t-shirt that says "I hate puzzles... and crosswords... and sudoku... and mine sweeper... and any other game I suck at."
The day after Christmas, I remembered that I was invited to a party at the Sommercorn's house. It was kind of interesting seeing a lot of my old friends whom I hadn't seen in a really long time. Liz, Melissa, Brad C, Jon C, Chelsea C, Hi C, NBC, PVC, MTC... okay, I just made those last ones up. Everybody had babies everywhere, I felt a little bad for Sarah, knowing how very aware of that she was. We played guitar hero for a bit. Well, actually, we watched Nate and Nathan (two little kids) play... which was... interesting, lets just say it's a good thing I didn't have my giant "FAIL" stamp with me. NOW THAT's what I would have REALLY liked for Christmas; A giant "FAIL" stamp, although I would probably be too tempted to use it on some of Sarah's student's papers. I would crush their little hopes and dreams with a giant wooden block of FAIL.
After playing guitar hero, we played a game called Wacky Six's. At least, I think that's what it was called. It seemed like a mix between Nerts, spider solitaire, and bloody knuckles. Sarah and I won after a few very close calls between Adam and Lynsie, and Liz and Matt. I felt bad for Melissa's husband Steve, he was doing so well at first, and then he was abandoned to fend for himself. I would be TERRIBLE at that game if I had to play without a partner. Of course I guess Bethany had it worse, she was by herself AND she had to look after little Eden.
Afterwards Adam, Lynsie, Sarah, and I went to Leatherby's for some icecream. I don't know if mentioning this is worth it, because it was kind of a you-had-to-be-there kind of thing, but when Lynsie came in, she was looking around for us, and her head was just barely over a 4 foot dividing wall. I popped my head up and scared her half to death... oh it was great.
Well, I might try and do this more often, or then again, this might be a one time thing. We will just have to wait and see.
5 comments:
Fun times! You can make that $150 out to me at any time (winnings from the elimination game).
book of far away places and times written by William Dunigan , December 09, 2009 A Heartwarming and Adventurous Tale of Friendship and Fortune Beyond the Golden Sunset and by the Crystal Sea by William Dunigan is the adventurous tale of a serendipitous meeting between two boys and how their lives are forever changed 2009-02-17, 230 views, By Eloquent Books www.eloquentbooks.com/BeyondTheGoldenSunsetAndByTheCrystalSea.html http://www.eloquentbooks.com/OffToVisitTheProphetElijah
Oh, I'm so glad that we were able to spend some time with you guys before we go back to Missouri and you head out as well. St. George was awesome. Also, I'm proud to be one of the few people on your blog to be named SPECIFICALLY. Makes me feel special. :)
Ha. Devin, you should definitely post more often :) I like to hear from Sarah AND you. Maybe Ben will try it...
Sounds like you had a really good Christmas! That's awesome! I wish I new about this party with all the old gang! I would have loved to see everyone! Hopefully there will be another one sometime. Oh well, glad you had a good holiday. Talk to you later.
Jess
Post a Comment