Please don't die out of shock, but yes, I'm actually posting on my blog! Can you believe it? Hopefully I can make it more of a habit. I honestly just felt a little depressed at that fact that I didn't have new things to say and I wasn't sure if anyone even cared. Anyway, here's a recap
(beware it might be long) of what's been happening at the Andersen household in the last few months.
One of the most important news items happened in February. We had actually just decided
(in January) that this year
(2013) would be the year we would do whatever it took to become pregnant, even if it meant spending thousands of dollars on invitro. Well as it turns out, Heavenly Father had a different plan for us. After more than 6 years of trying and doing all sorts of tests we had a
miracle. I was late with my period (which never happened) and so finally after day 40 I took a pregnancy test. The result was
positive. I honestly didn't know what to do, that had never happened before and I didn't dare get my hopes up. I was debating about whether or not to tell Devin because Valentine's day was coming up and that would have made a great present. But after trying for so long, I couldn't keep it to myself very long. I surprised him by just randomly holding up a pregnancy test. Here's how the conversation panned out:
Devin:
after staring at the test for about 30 seconds (that seemed like minutes) "Does this mean what I think it means?"
Sarah:
with a sheepish grin "I think so, but it is an expired test..."
Devin: "Get out!"
Sarah: "What? Why?"
Devin: "We're leaving right now to go buy another test!!"
So about 3 tests later he finally started believing it.
I am going to have a baby!!
In the beginning of April I went with my sister Ruth to Georgia to visit our sister Rebecca and her family. It was her kids spring break as well so we had a blast hanging out with the kiddos. Here are just a few pictures from that trip. We did a ton of fun stuff, but I need to keep this recap as quick as possible.
 |
| After our Easter egg hunt |
 |
| With Eliza (I couldn't see if the camera was taking the picture or not - hence the weird face) |
 |
| With Bryson |
 |
| Hiking to Anna Ruby Falls (with Allison and Sydney) |
 |
| At the Georgia Aquarium |
In May we had a dessert party to reveal the gender of our baby. We had desserts in pink and blue and had family over to our clubhouse. It was so fun and exciting. We had people vote on whether they thought our little one was a boy or girl and then let the Grandma's cut into a cake where the inside revealed the gender. Here are a few pics:
It's a boy!!
Timothy Paul Andersen will be joining our family in early October!
In the beginning of June I ended my 5th (and probably hardest) year of teaching. I plan on going back again to 4th grade in the fall; especially since our insurance is through me :) I really love my school and the administration is so willing to work with me if our situation changes. With summer things have been pretty low key and relaxing. We just got back from a trip to Cedar City & St. George. Devin was part of an ultimate team that played in the Utah Summer Games tournament. This was in Cedar City and my compromise was that he could play if we would go to Tuacahn in St. George and see Mary Poppins. It ended up being a quick, but fun trip.
 |
| Devin's team: Black Betty |
 |
| His team played AWESOME and won all their games...getting the Gold medal |
 |
| It was super hot so if it wasn't too windy I tried to stay under my giant beach umbrella. |
 |
| I still got pretty tan and my feet got really swollen. |
 |
| We went to one of Devin's favorite places: Nielson's Frozen Custard |
 |
| Before watching Mary Poppins - which was amazing. |
Poor Devin was a little sick before playing and honestly shouldn't have played as much as he did. He kept having so much mucus and congestion it was really hard for him, but he had a ton of fun playing and really contributed to his team's wins. Much to our dismay his playing probably made his health worse and now he has acute bronchitis. Things are gradually getting better for him and although he still has a bunch of mucus he's hacking up, he is feeling much better.
Oh, one more thing: we cleaned out and painted baby Timothy's room. I really like the end result and can't wait to get baby stuff.
 |
| Before any painting |
 |
| Marking and preparations |
 |
| The seemingly never ending job of taping |
 |
| First coat finally done |
 |
| Ta Da! The finished product!! |
So there you go. That's what we've been up to the last few months. Life is good and we are so excited for our future and our little one.
7 comments:
Yay!!!!! Loving the blogging! And I LOVE your paint job! I need to come see it.. but you are so far.. ;)
I'm so glad you blogged again! I love hearing about you guys and I'm SO excited for you to have a boy! I hope you're feeling well!
So happy you are blogging again. I have been waiting waiting! We are moving to Utah this fall and I can't wait to meet Timothy!
Hooray for a new post!! Love the room! Don't get too many baby things before your showers! ;) Or at least save the receipts! And if you have the time I would suggest registering somewhere. It helps to get an idea of what you want and need! That's too bad for Devin =( But hey, at least you don't have a newborn + a sick hubby!
Such exciting news. So happy for you guys and your baby boy!
Congrats Sarah! I just found your blog, and lucky me you just updated it! The room looks so cute and I love his name.! I'd love to come to your baby shower. We're in NJ for the summer but will be back mid August. So happy for you guys!
YEA!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! I hope that you're feeling well. We haven't seen you guys in so long, I don't even know what you're up to other than that you've been teaching school! What about Devin, did he graduate? working now??? You are still in Utah it looks like!
Post a Comment