Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So, as many of you already know I am teaching and needless to say that takes up all my time. However, I told myself that whether or not my lessons were planned I was going to post on my blog. School is going great and is so busy...there's always something more to do. I decided that I am going to add up one of these days how much time I spend in a car. It takes about 35 from my garage to the parking lot of the school so really in just one day I spend about 70 minutes just one day. That's not even including if the traffic is bad or if I have to go into Provo. Driving can be such a nuisance sometimes.

Well, I feel like all I've been talking about is school -- since that's all that ever really happens it's hard to talk about other things. But other things have been happening...

1. We no longer have nuskin discounts :(
2. I am playing Orem Ultimate frisbee with Devin. We play just about every Saturday and it's been great to play on a team together and for me to exercise. Although I'm not very good it's still a lot of fun and we both look forward to it.
3. BYU football -- Devin and I got all sport passes and so we go to all the home games. We are both avid fans and have a ton of fun together cheering on the cougars. On a school side note, I teach half-way between U of U and BYU so I have students that cheer for both schools. Let's just say things can get VERY interesting if either school is brought up. What am I going to do when they play each other?
4. sickness -- I got sick a little while ago and was finally getting better then I decided to be a very stupid yet support wife and watched my husband play frisbee at Utah State -- IN THE RAIN!! So, once again I am a little sick, luckily this time I'm just stuffed up. Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't get worse or happen again for awhile.
5. Planning vacations -- Next week I will be leaving my husband. Don't worry we'll still be married :) I'll just be in New York. My sisters and I have been planning to meet up in the "big apple" for a weekend of fun. I'm really excited and can't believe it's a week from today that I leave!

Well, the teacher side of my conscience is telling me that I really should go and plan at least a little for tomorrow. Plus, I can't really think of much else. I did turn 23 last month...GO ME! We went out to dinner for my birthday and celebrated a little with some friends. I'm so glad we have some really good friends!! I got some fun games, gift certificates to a teacher supply store, money, and a REALLY soft blanket -- I absolutely love soft things.

I will hopefully put some pictures on soon because I think blogs are definitely more fun with pictures!!

4 comments:

Katie Lane said...

Yay! Happy birthday to you! Or I should say us, we both had birthdays! Have a BLAST in New York. I'm jealous. You guys should come over for a game night again!

Rachel said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

I'm sorry you've been sick, and I think New York is going to be AWESOME! How fun for you and your sisters!

Lynsie said...

Well my friend... I hope you do get sick... oops... I mean... I hope you get morning sickness soon! :-) I'm always hoping that I start to feel sick because it would mean a probable pregnancy. Isn't that horrible, I hope to start feeling queasy? What is the world coming to when I get excited when I feel nauseous? It just isn't right. Well I hope you had a wonderful birthday! You're getting so old. I wish I was going to New York. I want to go buy a knock off purse there someday.

Elise said...

Ok, I just barely found out you had a blog. Yay! Now I can see what you guys are up to all the time!