Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Devin and I had a really great Valentine's Day. I made him a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit and served it to him in bed. As I was making breakfast he started to come upstairs. My mom was helping me and when she saw him she yelled at him, "Get back in bed!" He was very obedient and quickly turned around and went back downstairs.
So we ate our breakfast in bed, played several games of ping-pong, and got ready for a day of fun. Devin had the whole thing planned out with things he knew I'd like to do. We went to the mall and I was able to window shop -- something he hates! As a Valentine's gift he bought me a whole new outfit - pants, tank top, and 3/4 length cardigan sweater. He was so nice and patient as I tried on various sizes of pants and he even gave me advice for what he liked and what flattered my figure. The outfit is really cute -- it's bright colors and makes me think of summer. I'll have to put a picture on here soon.
We got a quick lunch in the food court and then went to the movies. We saw a chick-flick (again something that isn't his favorite). We watched "New in Town" and we both really liked it. It's clean, funny, and romantic.
We went to an early dinner -- okay so by the time we got seated is was a little after 5. But we put our name down early because we knew it would be crazy. We went to Olive Garden -- one of my favorite restaurants. While waiting to be seated we played games on his itouch. It was actually a lot of fun and really made the time pass quickly. Who knew pictionary could be so much fun? We shared a meal which is really the way to go. Not only does it save money (and after my new outfit we really needed to save), but it creates a more sensible portion size. We left feeling full and satisfied.
I bought him a few movies for Valentine's Day and so when we got home we watched one of them. The whole day was so much fun just being with him. I realized how lucky I am to have Devin as my husband. He is so sweet and always thinking of me. He asked me if I was sad that he didn't get me flowers. I told him flowers are always nice, but a day like we had was even better. Flowers wilt and die, the memories that we created will last forever.
Devin -- I love you!

4 comments:

Katie Lane said...

what a fun valentines day!

Lynsie said...

Oh how fun! I'm excited for your new outfit. I need new clothes so badly, but sadly I can only afford gently used items from the D.I. most of the time. Way to go Devin for window shopping! Adam always disappears whenever I start looking at anything: clothes, make up, craft stuff, etc; so I never am able to get his opinion on things. So if he thinks I look ugly or anything, it's not my fault and I can blame it on him right? He he he! :-)

Jess said...

It sound like you had a good Valentine's day! I don't know if you remember me, but I am one of Devin's friends from high school. I'd love for you guys to check out what's new in my life too. My blog is. . . thegarcias56.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

happy belated valentines day!!!

Don't you love fun holidays? Sound like you were a super cute wife to your hubby!