Thursday, June 18, 2009
One of my favorite places
I feel so lucky that I live in one of my favorite places. I really enjoy living in Utah and think that it is simply gorgeous. Utah has so much to offer and there's so many diverse landscapes. One of my absolute favorite places in Utah happens to be where I live -- Alpine, UT. Yes, Alpine gets a bad rep. for having stuck up rich people. But there are also really great people living in a beautiful city. Last Sunday Devin and I had his family over for dinner and then we took them to a favorite spot of mine in Alpine -- Lambert Park. It's this state park that covers much of Alpine, just preserving the land and having lots of fun hiking and walking trails. There's this old pioneer home (okay only half the home remains) and the women who lived there planted all these poppies. Well over the years the poppies have spread and continue to grow year after year. My family always goes to the poppies every year so I thought I'd share that tradition with Devin's family. It's been rainy so much lately it was hard to find a time to go, we were finally able to go on Sunday. Here are some of the pictures I took. You can see for yourself why I love Alpine so much.














Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've never been there, you guys should show us sometime!
I love the painting you had in the previous post. They came by our house and I asked them to come back later but they said they were going back to Israel, did they by any chance give you a number or anything? I loved the pictures, but didn't have the $ to buy one them.
squat any banjos lately?
Post a Comment