Friday night we had some fun with tin foil dinners, games, and of course some sword fighting with Nate. Below is Devin being stabbed by Nate ... who knew someone so small could beat up someone so big?!?
The morning of the event finally came and the guys headed off early to get ready for the race.
We of course had to get a picture of each of them performing their respective events. David is biking -- yes he looks like a little old man without his walker, but he's biking okay. Devin is running with a silly smirk on his face. Adam is swimming -- just out for a peaceful, leisurely swim in the lake ( I love his face in this picture).
Stretching before the first event (swimming). I believe Devin is making up a new stretch "Disco Pose" -- it's said to be really helpful :)
Adam in the water right before he heads off to swim .75 km
About 14 minutes later.... And he's back!
The transition between Adam's swim and David's bike went really smoothly and the girls couldn't get up to the top fast enough before David took off. So in the meantime while David biked 20 Kilometers we lounged out and ate snacks. Nate played peek-a-boo from the camera, but I caught him...
About 40 minutes later we headed back to where David would enter and Devin would take off. I was a little too fast taking the picture of David and as you can see below only got his head in the picture. He was really zooming, but my fingers were faster... a little too fast.

So I made up for it by taking a snapshot after the fact. Good job on the bike David!!
Devin took off running his 5K once the chip was passed to him. He had a lot of fun doing it, especially crossing the finish line with his two best friends sprinting with him and cheering him on.
My camera battery of course died and I didn't get a picture of his final sprint and finish. Adam and David met him for the last little stretch and urged him faster; he was sure speeding when he finished. I was so proud of him as he crossed that finish line in 23:57 under his goal of 24 minutes!! GO DEVIN!! I love you!As we waited in anticipation for the results the guys got massages and the girls ate their fruit and goodies :) Finally the results were in... 2nd Place!! There were only 4 teams in their relay category, but still to get second was amazing and they were happy. Plus, they were only about 30 seconds behind the first place team.
We are so grateful to have such good friends. We have so much fun with all of them and feel that they really have blessed our lives. Team FAT definitely is the BEST!!
4 comments:
I'm now on my way to write up my post about team FAT. That was so much fun! I really hope that they decide to do another one. We must go camping again soon!
Way to go!!
Go team FAT! It was way fun! I'm so glad we were all able to do it.
lol Team FAT. I like that. Good job Devin! I could never do that. I think I would die.
Post a Comment