I survived the first week of school! Although it has been really tiring and a lot of work it's been fun too. My class is really cute with quite a lot of girls. I have 25 students: 8 boys and 17 girls. They are all really well behaved which is really nice after my bunch I had last year. I only have a few that could even be considered a little bit too talkative and I just walk over and say "give me a buck you're not paying attention" and the entire class quiets down. Or I just give bucks to those that are quite and immediately everyone sits up straight, folds their arms, and shuts up. As mentioned earlier the 4th grade is doing a monetary reward system and the kids really seem to go for it. Although the first day they got really excited thinking it was real money they were getting. I've decided that kids really think the funniest things sometimes. One student turned to me "Mrs. Andersen do you have any kids?" To which I replied, "No" all while thinking "Here we go again" (I had a similar conversation with a student last year). She just simply said, "Well you should totally have kids" and continued to say why I should have kids. Here was her explanation of why I should I have kids: "They poop all the time, they pee when they cry, they cry all the time, they'll keep you up at night, they'll drive you nuts. Yeah you should definitely have kids."
I think we'll have to work on her persuasion skills. :)
Devin also starts school again this next week. He only has two classes and is really excited to be done. Once again this year he is going to be taking the bus and I'll drop him off and pick him up from the bus stop. Too bad he has to get to school so early only to sit around and study until his 1:00 class. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you only have one car.
Happy Back to School Everyone!
3 comments:
17 girls, that's great! I loved my classes that were mostly girls, they were the easiest. Good luck with the rest of the year - the second one is a thousand times easier.
Good luck! I wonder why that girl thinks kids are so great then?!?!? :)
I bet your kids just love you as a teacher. You know what we all used to say, "I got that one teacher I wanted." Still laughing about that little girl's opinions of kids. Sounds like she is ready for motherhood if she sees those things as the glory of children :)
Post a Comment