Here is the end of the beginning of the Andersen story...
So with the rose that would produce gold and diamonds the artist set off to the palace to present his gift to the king.
In the palace gathering hall thousands of prospective young men were presenting their gifts to the king. As the artist saw the amazing gifts that the other young men were presenting he became disheartened. "There's no way that my simple rose will be able to please the king enough for him to give me his daughter's hand in marriage" thought the artist gloomily. Just as he was about to turn to leave the artist caught sight of the princess. She was looking down at him with such love and admiration that it gave the artist hope. Gathering up his courage he walked toward the king, rose in hand.
When the artist knelt down and held up the rose for King, he could see in the king's eyes the skeptism and doubt. A rose was not going to win the princess. So the artist explained, "My good King, although, I am just a simple man with what may look like a simple rose, I love your daughter with all my heart and will give her all that I can. With this rose I can produce gold and diamonds. It is all that I have to offer, but I offer it with my heart."
Hearing this the King exclaimed, "I have found a young man worthy of my precious daughter. I do not need to see any more. His gift is greater than all the others I have seen for it is a gift of love. I can see that he truly loves and cares for my daughter and she of him. Let the preparations for marriage begin!"
The artist and the princess then ran towards each other and embraced. The artist took the rose and produced a gold ring with 10 small diamonds surrounding one large diamond. Kneeling down he held it out for the princess
At this point in the story Devin and I were in the rose gardens of Temple Square and in the middle of the snow was placed a gorgeous red rose. Devin picked up the rose and said the story was true. He got down on one knee and handed me the rose. Inside the rose was my ring.
Of course I said YES and that was the beginning of our story.
2 comments:
You have a very creative husband! That is the cutest and the sweetest story/engagement I've ever heard!
That last comment was from me, Lynsie, I don't know why Adam's name is showing up.
Post a Comment