Friday, August 22, 2008

Moving

I have been so busy with things lately that I haven't had much time to be on the computer. I have a lot to catch up on so I'll keep this short.

This past little while has been filled with lots of moving for the our family. Devin and I moved from Provo to Alpine and are now living in my parents' basement. Things are almost all the way unpacked and we are starting to get organized. We found our inner child with a large box. Who knew you could have so much fun in a box?
I have also been moving things into my classroom. I can actually put things in my classroom, although I can't put stuff on the walls yet...which is what I really want to do. I started my training on the 20th and have been on information overload for the past few days. Today I got all "insuranced" out as I sat through 3 hours of information on insurance benefits. I've been planning constantly with my team and trying to figure out where I'm going to put everything in my classroom. Yesterday and the day before we had student testing to test the reading levels. Training is from 8-4:30 and then testing was from 5-8 in the evening. I felt like I was living at the school. After sitting through meeting after meeting I didn't think I'd be able to be happy when the kids came that night. But when the first student came into the classroom to test with me I knew I'd be fine. Its amazing how much those little tykes brighten up my day. It was like a little shot of energy. I realized just how excited I am to start teaching with a new year and a new school. Although there's still a lot of work to be done on the school it's so fun to have new things and a nice building.

Well, time is short. I'll have to finish catching up later.

3 comments:

Lynsie said...

Oh Sarah! I am so excited for you!It sure sounds like you've been crazy busy. I hope the move went well, I know how stressful that can be. Have fun decorating your classroom!

Rachel said...

I didn't know you guys moved!!! I'm out of the loop! Good luck teaching, you're going to be AWESOME just from judging how cute your blog is!

Melanie said...

Hey Devin this is Melanie... I found your blog through Adam's (although, it's odd that I even found his). Anyway, I hope you don't mind. I did have fun reading about what's going on with you guys right now.

If you'd like you can check out our blog at http://thequinneys.blogspot.com/

I really enjoy keeping up with old friends. And I'm totally jealous that you've moved to Alpine. It's gorgeous down there.