I found this cool website where you can add different backgrounds to your blog. I realize a lot of you have probably already figured this out, but I thought it was way cool. I decided to go with the back to school background since that has been on my mind a lot. It seems like I have so much to do to get ready to be a 4th grade teacher. Devin and I visited our friends that live up close by my school and so after we left their house we drove to my school. I'm surprised by the amazing view from the school and the distance that it is visible from. It's pretty high up on the mountain and overlooks the entire Salt Lake Valley and almost into Utah Valley. I am definitely excited, but I'm starting to feel overwhelmed at all I have to do still to get ready. I suppose I should stop doing things to my blog and get right down to planning...that's just not nearly as fun as playing around on the internet. Oh well. I definitely hope that I can squeeze everything I need to into the last few remaining weeks to get ready. Training starts August 20th and it seems like that is approaching FAST. School starts on Sept. 2nd and I'm even more afraid of that...Do I have enough training to be a teacher?!?! Okay so I'll answer my own question, teaching isn't the problem...I've just never started from scratch to create my own classroom, rules, discipline, lessons, etc... That is what I'm nervous for. Wish me luck!
The 4th grade teacher...Mrs. Andersen
2 comments:
I love your new background! It's super cute! You are going to make a fantastic teacher, and I am so excited for you. I know you'll do great. Please let us know if you need any help getting your classroom together, we'd be more than happy to help out. I'm off on Tuesdays for the next two weeks, so give me a call if you want any assistance during the day! Good luck!
Finding a teaching job out here was much harder than I anticipated, so I decided that I'll just have to substitute teach. However, I don't know how sad I am because the thought of having my own class really does make me incredibly nervous. I completely agree with you that BYU should put all El Ed students in the schools at the beginning of the school year. I feel that it would help so much in showing how to begin the year and establish your classroom, rules, routines, etc. I know you're going to be a great teacher! Good luck!
Post a Comment