Friday, September 5, 2008
One week down, thirty-nine to go!
Whew! I have survived my first week teaching!! It has been fun, exciting, and VERY stressful. My class is a little on the noisy side and we're still working on not talking while others are talking and raising our hands. They are fun bunch though. I feel like there's always something else to do and never am able to fully accomplish all that I would like. I've been asked why I get home from school so late and I've tried to explain, but people just don't get it. The time FLYS when you have 7+ hours of fun and engaging activities to plan for just one day...now plan for 5 days. At my school we have to send home learning plans with a weekly schedule so the parents know what's going on. It's great, but that means that I have to have that ALL planned and done ahead of time. Needless to say, there are days when there just isn't enough time to plan, organize, make copies for the next day, get materials ready, respond to journals etc...etc... So the next time you come in contact with a school teacher, please don't ask why they get home so late -- chances are they know it's late and they don't want to be that late either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sad. I'm glad you survived your first week! I'm sure you did a wonderful job!
I've been wondering how your first week was going. I'm glad you survived, you sure do sound very busy though. I don't know how you do it! I want to bring Adam to your school so he can see your classroom sometime. He doesn't get out of school until evening time, so we may need to all get together and have you give everyone a tour of your cute classroom! Good luck next week.
Hello Andersens!
I ran across your blog and wanted to let you know about our blog address too
it's dustinandamyormond.blogspot.com
I couldn't help but laugh when I read the title of this blog entry....Is Sarah pregnant??? Hm...no...it's just school! :)
Post a Comment