Friday, April 9, 2010

Update

So I haven't posted in a while. I've been waiting for time to upload pictures, but let's be realistic that might not happen in a while. My life so far has been opera, opera, opera. "Opera?" you ask. Yes Opera! My 4th grade students (in fact the whole 4th grade at my school has written and performed an opera. At first when I heard this I was very skeptical thinking the teachers would end up doing all the work. While it still was a lot of work (mainly managing 100 students, keeping them engaged, focused, and quiet) the students really took it all on. They wrote the story line, the music lyrics, made props, backdrops, helped with a lot of the blocking, and even came up with costume ideas. We were able to perform it at the Rose Wagner Theater in Salt Lake last night and were even in the newspaper. My class was the one they interviewed so all the students they quote are from my class and they even quote me!

In other news, Devin and I will not be going to Japan in the fall. Sadly, Devin didn't get the job he applied for but we know that things will work out and we're already looking on the positive side of things trying to find out other options. I will go back and teach at the school I'm at now (unless something happens -- like a baby. For those of you that didn't know we have been trying). I'm happy to go back to my school even though it's a little drive because I really enjoy it there and love the people I work with.

Devin will continue working for the company he's at (while trying to find a better paying job and one that he enjoys more) and focus attention on studying for the GMAT so he can hopefully get into BYU for a masters degree.

We will probably start looking for a new place soon, most likely around Orem because we go down there a lot, have friends/family in the area, and Devin would be close to school and I would be close to people who carpool to my work.

Well, anyway. That's the life of the Andersen family right now in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

You guys are awesome. That stinks about Japan but I'm glad you'll be here with us! I'm selfish.. sorry. But you're in our prayers and you guys are so faithful, so I know it will turn out :) Love you.

Elise said...

Hey! Thanks for writing on my blog! It was good to hear from you, and most importantly, now I can see what you are up to! Sounds like you guys are busy!