Yesterday while I was at work I received this text from Devin at about 9 in the morning:
"The car broke down on the freeway, now it's at some mom and pop shop. They are trying to figure out the problem. I have no idea what is up"
Only to be followed by this one about 4 hours later:
"The car is toast. I shouldn't have taken it on the trip. We are going to have to buy a new car. It will cost way more than it is worth to have it repaired."
So that afternoon I talked with Devin (between his Disneyland rides) and we are now donating that car to charity. The problem...the title is here in Utah and it's in his name -- I can't sign it, he has to. Well after much negotiating with the charity place they'll pick up the car with a note from someone and a copy of Devin's driver license so that the car can be released. Meanwhile Devin and his brothers had to rent a car in order to get home tonight.
I think this trip just needs to end and Devin needs to give me a hug.
Anyone know of some good car deals right now?
1 comment:
Oh Sarah, that's really too bad. It was such a good car to you, stapled ceiling and all. Adam will be so sad too. We have a lovely natural gas police car if you would like to purchase it! LOL! If you guys need to borrow it, you are more than welcome to.
Post a Comment