UGH!! Trust me it has not been fun to be sick and alone at the same time. I've had a cough for about 2 weeks, but that's not really a big deal. What really got me down was the fact that the night before Devin left to California with his brothers my eye started getting more and more red and sure enough in the morning it was glued shut with puss. That's right folks it was pink eye. The pictures below are hideous, but they really show how swollen and red my eye was. I couldn't open my eye any wider than that. I stayed home from work on Thursday and Friday and watched chick flick after chick flick. I can't wear my contacts until it's all cleared up...hopefully tomorrow ;) But it's made amazing progress thanks to the meds and antibiotics. Don't worry I'm not contagious any more and I don't look that hideous any more either.
In other news, on Friday I went to Joann's and bought two pattern and fabric to make 2 skirts and one dress. I am WAY excited. I've already made and finished one skirt and it's so cute. I love the fabric. I wore it to church today. I took some pictures that I'll put up in just a little bit.
I finally transferred pictures from my camera to the computer. Here are some other pictures of things we've done recently (newest to oldest):
Devin turned 26!! We had his family over for dinner and cake. Like the half eaten cake with "candles" that they're blowing out? His work gave him a huge cake that we didn't want to go to waste and we didn't have candles.
We went to see "How To Train Your Dragon" in 3D on the Mammoth screen at Thanksgiving Point. It was a great movie that I'd recommend. Of course we HAD to get pictures in the 3D glasses.
We decorated eggs this year for Easter and I even had a little mini Easter egg hunt planned for Devin. These eggs were my favorite of the bunch because of the vibrant colors.
Our friends Adam and Lynsie welcomed a little boy Zack to their family on March 26th. I made them this pillow and really liked it so I had to take a picture of it.
We went to San Diego to...
... visit the beach...
... to hold all sorts of beautiful birds with the Heywoods...
...to meet my newest niece Eliza Ann Kunz...
... isn't she adorable?...
...we even got all dressed up (sorry the picture isn't the best quality, it's still one of my favorites)...
...Ok so the real reason we went to San Diego was to see my brother Stephen get married!
Congratulations Steve and Hannah!
2 comments:
You poor thing! I've never had pink eye, and hope I never do. Your eye looks so sore. I hope it feels better soon.
Also, we love the pillow! We keep it on the rocking chair, and it looks so cute. That was probably the most special gift we have received. You are so amazing, and talented, with one of the kindest hearts I know. Thanks for being such a great friend to us.
I LOVE the pillow! I'm glad you're feeling better!
Post a Comment